islpal NEWSLETTER - December 2011
We would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and express our thanks to all who participated in islPAL events during 2011. The year is fast coming to a close after no doubt many successes as well as some challenges. islPAL forums are now open for members and you can also access our e-magazine for teachers “Pedagogies at work” – tell your story, and also submit your own multimedia presentation or short article at www.pedagogy.org.au.
Importantly, for 2012 we bring you an exciting group of keynote speakers for the islPAL conference: The power of personal pedagogy: Working from the wisdom within and much more!
Now is the time to diarise 04-05 August to join our wisdom circle at Stuartholme School, Mount Coot-tha, Brisbane.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Shirley O’Neill & Jenny Fisher
Hot topics! Hot speakers! islPAL Conference 2012 Cool costs!
· Art Costa– Habits of Mind – building thinking into pedagogy
· Terry Wrigley– Open architectures of learning: making space for agency and identity
· Lorraine Wilson– Developing children’s literacy, using assessment to enhance pedagogy
· Andrew Churches– Students using personal mobile devices and laptops in every class
· Barbra McKenzie– Teacher professional learning in literacy
· Brendan Spillane- Critical conversations, dialogue and productive feedback to generate organisational learning.
· Kathryn Glasswell– Literacy help for students from diverse cultural, linguistic and socio-economic backgrounds.
· Denis Goodrum– Science by doing – Engaging students with science